If you love Excel and want to promote XLTools Add-ins with us, helps us spread the word! Every time someone follows your referral link and makes a purchase, you get paid.
- Who can become a partner?
- How does it work?
- How can I promote XLTools?
- How do I create referral links to XLTools?
- How are my commissions calculated and paid to me?
- What should I do if a customer contacts me?
- What are the terms and restrictions?
Who can become a partner?
To be a successful XLTools partner, no special skills are required! If you run a blog, or a website, or a Facebook page – you can make money by telling your readers about XLTools or publishing a banner ad.
We welcome authors who focus on Microsoft Excel or productivity solutions for MS Office. The more related your content is to Excel – the more relevant XLTools Add-ins would be for your readers – hence, you sell more and earn more.
XLTools Add-ins are supported in English and Russian languages, and our customers come from all over the world. So whichever language you write in, or whichever country you live in – you can make money by selling XLTools!
How does it work?
You share a referral link with your readers, and every time someone follows your link and makes a purchase, you earn a 30% commission.
Step 1. Let's get acquainted
Contact us! Let’s get to know each other, discuss a promotion strategy and coordinate an action plan.
YOU put passion and knowledge into building trust with your readers. WE take pride in developing high quality professional product for Excel. Together we bring more value to Excel professionals all over the world!
Email us, write a few words about yourself and ask any questions you have. We care that you could actually recommend XLTools, so we are willing to demonstrate the add-ins in action.
Step 2. Sign up as an affiliate
It is 100% free, no start up costs or setup fees.
To keep things simple and automated, we use MyCommerce by Digital River™ as an ecommerce platform. After signup, you get a personal account, unique Affiliate ID, ability to generate referral links, track your sales and receive payouts.
Sign up as an affiliate step-by-step.
Step 3. Spread the word, add referral links
Promote XLTools and publish referral links on your website or a blog. Referral links are easy to generate and they will have your unique Affiliate ID embedded. This allows attributing your sales and commissions specifically to you.
Sales are tracked by placing a cookie in the end customer’s browser. A referral cookie is kept active for 30 days. So the sale is attributed to you, even if a customer followed your link right away but made the purchase a few weeks later.
Step 4. Get payments each month
For each license you sell, you get rewarded 30% commission. You can monitor your sales in your MyCommerce Affiliate account. Payments are made once per month, for the previous month. Fair and transparent!
How can I promote XLTools?
We care that you could actually recommend XLTools. We are willing to demonstrate the add-ins, offer a free XLTools license, and provide necessary marketing and technical support.
You know your audience best. So ultimately it’s your decision how and where to promote XLTools:
- Promote on your website, blog, social networks, emails to your subscribers
- Place a banner or an ad on your website or a blog
- Publish a referral link within relevant content
- Write a recommendation, a review or create a video
If you are interested in active promotion of XLTools by publishing regular reviews or tutorials – please contact us to discuss higher commissions.
How do I create referral links to XLTools?
- Find your MyCommerce Affiliate ID in the top-right corner of your account page. This unique ID was assigned to you during initial signup with MyCommerce.
- Choose, which page you want to link to > Copy the URL from the table below > Complete the URL with your unique Affiliate ID, e.g. for affiliate (a12345), type 12345 > Paste the link into your content.
To give your customers time to learn more about XLTools before they decide on a purchase, you can link to any XLTools website page:
|XLTools home page:||https://xltools.net/?affiliate=XXXXX|
|Guide on Popup Calendar add-in:||https://xltools.net/excel-popup-calendar/?affiliate=XXXXX|
|Guide on Version Control:||https://xltools.net/excel-version-control/?affiliate=XXXXX|
|Any other XLTools page:||https://xltools.net/page/?affiliate=XXXXX|
To add a direct call-to-action to purchase XLTools licenses, you can link straight to the shopping cart:
|CART CONTENTS:||REFERRAL LINK:|
|Popup Calendar License ($14.95):||https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/add/54088-12?affiliate=XXXXX|
|XLTools Essentials License ($49.95):||https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/add/54088-13?affiliate=XXXXX|
|XLTools PRO License ($99.95):||https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/add/54088-14?affiliate=XXXXX|
|XLTools GURU License ($199.95):||https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/add/54088-11?affiliate=XXXXX|
|License for Terminal Servers ($400):||https://shopper.mycommerce.com/checkout/cart/add/54088-18?affiliate=XXXXX|
More on URL formats of order links.
- Place the referral links on your website or a blog. When a customer follows your links and buys XLTools, the sale and commissions are attributed to you.
How are my commissions calculated and paid to me?
You get rewarded 30% commissions of the total order price before taxes (net sales). Say, a customer follows your referral link and buys 3 XLTools GURU licenses for $199 each:
Your commissions = 3 * $199 * 30% = $179.10
The more you sell, the more you earn! Payments are made once a month, for the previous month. The minimum payment threshold is 25 USD. MyCommerce acts as a payments agent and handles all payments to you. You can choose a payment method in your MyCommerce account settings (bank/wire transfer, PayPal, check, etc). Read more about payouts.
What should I do if a customer contacts me?
We work closely with our partners to help resolve any issues end customers may report. Support is provided free of charge both for the partner and the end customer.
For payment related questions, please forward the customer’s email:
TO: firstname.lastname@example.org; CC: email@example.com.
For all questions regarding usage, installation, or errors, please forward the customer’s email to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the terms and restrictions?
Affiliate marketing comes with certain responsibilities. Any referrals or endorsements you make online are still advertisements. And they should NOT be misleading.
1. You agree to promote XLTools Add-ins for Excel using correct product titles, descriptions and links. You agree to change or delete your post on our first notice and without delay, if we find that your post showcases XLTools products incorrectly or contains misleading information for the end customers.
2. We also remind you of your responsibility to abide by disclosure laws applicable in your country. Wherever you operate from, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Federal Trade Commission’s Endorsement Guidelines (USA). They require affiliates to place a clear and visible disclaimer above the recommendation or a referral link, for example:
“This post contains affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may receive a commission if you purchase the add-in.”
3. Under MyCommerce Affiliate Agreement you also agree that:
- You shall not place referral links or marketing support materials in newsgroups, message boards, unsolicited email and other types of spam, banner networks, counters, chatrooms, guestbooks, Internet relay chat channels or through similar Internet resources.
- You shall not place referral links in any manner which may (intentionally or unintentionally) mislead any customer.
- You shall not cause any use of a referral link, or any subsequent referral sales, to be made in bad faith or through fraudulent means, including, but not limited to, using any device, program, robot, inline frames, hidden frames, or redirects.