Export Excel selections to CSV
This Office Add-in will save time for those who often work with data export. Now converting Excel tables to plain text CSV will not be exhausting – export to CSV proceeds without closing the primary Excel file.
XLTools.net Export to CSV app will save data to CSV in just a few clicks:
- Export selected ranges instead of whole sheets
- Apply comma, semicolon or tab as delimiters
- Export without closing primary Excel file
XLTools.net Export to CSV is built on Microsoft platform. MS Office Add-ins (formerly known as Office Apps) work across Excel Online, Excel 2016 and Excel 2013 desktop, Excel for iPad, Excel for Mac.
Learn your way around:
- How to add the Export to CSV Add-in for Excel from the Office Store
- How to export ranges from Excel to CSV
- Does the Export to CSV Office Add-in work offline
How to add the Export to CSV Add-in for Excel from the Office Store
Download the add-in from the Office Store website, or directly from Excel interface:
- Open Excel > Insert tab > In the Add-ins group click ‘Store’ or ‘Office Add-ins’.
- Search for XLTools Export to CSV in the Store > It is free, so just click ‘Add’.
- The add-in’s task pane will appear on the sheet. Drag and place it as you wish.
Note: you should be singed in to your Microsoft account to manage products and subscriptions:
File > Account > User Information > Sign in.
How to export ranges from Excel to CSV
Follow the steps on the add-in’s pane:
- Step 1. Select the range you want to export.
- Step 2. Set the delimiter between the values in the output CSV file: Comma, Semicolon or Tab.
- Click ‘Generate CSV’ > Save or open the output CSV file.
Note: the original Excel file remains open, and you can resume editing it.
Does the Export to CSV Office Add-in work offline
Office add-ins require Internet connection.
But check out our desktop Export to CSV (requires installation). You can run all the same operations, and it also works offline.
Read more on the difference between Office Add-ins and desktop version.
Any questions or suggestions? Please leave your comment below.