Instead of installing the add-in locally for each user in your company, we suggest installing XLTools on a terminal server. Please follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Microsoft Excel® versions 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007; desktop version of Office 365
Verify your version: Open MS Excel > File > Account > About Excel
- Windows® Server 2012, 2008, Windows® versions 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP1
Verify your version: Control Panel\System and Security\System
- 32-bit and 64-bit MS Office
Verify your version: Open MS Excel > File > Account > About Excel.
Prerequisites: XLTools is a VSTO add-in for Microsoft Excel®. XLTools installer may prompt you to install essential Microsoft® service components, if those are missing. If installation of prerequisites fails, you may get error messages. Please refer to Troubleshooting or contact us.
How to download and install XLTools.msi on a terminal server
- Log on to the terminal server as administrator.
- Download XLTools for your MS Office version (32-bit or 64-bit) > Save the file.
- When the download is complete, open ‘This PC (My Computer)\Downloads’ > Find the installer file ‘XLTools.msi’ > Double-click and run the installer.
- Follow the steps of the Setup Wizard. After you click ‘Finish’ installation will be completed.
How to begin XLTools Free Trial
- When installation is complete, open Excel > Click ‘Free Trial’ in the popup window > Enter your contact details > Click ‘Begin the Free Trial’> You will have 14 days of full access to all XLTools features. If any questions, please contact us.
How to activate XLTools Terminal Server License
Any questions or suggestions? Contact us or leave your comment below.