Instead of installing the add-in locally for each user in your company, we suggest installing XLTools on a terminal server. Please follow the step-by-step guide below.
- Microsoft Excel® versions 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007; desktop version of Office 365
Verify your version: Open MS Excel > File > Account > About Excel
- Windows® Server 2012, 2008, Windows® versions 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP1
Verify your version: Control Panel\System and Security\System
- 32-bit and 64-bit MS Office
Verify your version: Open MS Excel > File > Account > About Excel.
Prerequisites: XLTools is a VSTO add-in for Microsoft Excel®. XLTools installer may prompt you to install essential Microsoft® service components, if those are missing. If installation of prerequisites fails, you may get error messages. Please refer to Troubleshooting or contact us.
How to download and install XLTools.msi on a terminal server
- Log on to the terminal server as administrator.
- Download XLTools for your MS Office version (32-bit or 64-bit) > Save the file.
- When the download is complete, open ‘This PC (My Computer)\Downloads’ > Find the installer file ‘XLTools.msi’ > Double-click and run the installer.
- Follow the steps of the Setup Wizard. After you click ‘Finish’ installation will be completed.
How to begin XLTools Free Trial
- When installation is complete, open Excel > Click ‘Free Trial’ in the popup window > Enter your contact details > Click ‘Begin the Free Trial’> You will have 14 days of full access to all XLTools features.
How to activate XLTools Terminal Server License
Any questions or suggestions? Please leave your comment below.