ALT-TAB equivalent for Excel to navigate between sheets in large workbooks
When MS Excel workbooks turn into massive files, navigation between numerous worksheets becomes a frustrating challenge.
The Sheet Switcher for Excel works similar to the ‘Alt+Tab’ shortcut in Windows:
- Navigation panel features all sheets in a workbook
- The most recent sheets are always on top of the list
- Set your own shortcut keys
Add the Sheet Switcher to Excel 2016-2007
Works with: Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and desktop Office 365 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Learn your way around:
- How to review the list of all sheets in a workbook
- How to switch between worksheets
- How to change shortcut keys of the Sheet Switcher
How to review the list of all sheets in a workbook
- Click on the ‘Sheet Switcher’ button on the XLTools tab > The navigation panel appears.
Or, use the shortcut combination Shift+Ctrl+W.
- Review the full list of sheets in the workbook. The most recently opened sheets are always in the front.
- To close the panel use Esc
Or, select a required worksheet using mouse or arrow keys.
How to switch between worksheets
- Use Alt+Right/Left Arrow to flip though and preview the sheets.
- Release the Alt key when you have found the necessary sheet.
How to change shortcut keys of the Sheet Switcher
- Click on the ‘Settings’ button on the XLTools tab.
- Open the ‘Shortcuts’ tab.
- Change hot key combinations as you wish.
Note, that some shortcuts may not be available if they are assigned to other Excel operations.
Any questions or suggestions? Please leave your comment below.