How to refresh and recalculate formulas only in a selected range of cells
- Recalculate formulas in selected cells only
- Simply select a range – and click ALT+F9 to refresh
- Or set any custom shortcut you need
Before you begin, add Recalculate Range to Excel
– free trial gives you 14 days of full access to all features.
How to switch from automatic to manual calculation in Excel
How to recalculate a specific range in Excel
Note: if your selected range contains formulas, functions, or references that depend on another range, to get correct recalculation results, the other range must be up to date.
- F9 – calculate all worksheets in all open workbooks
- Shift+F9 – calculate the active worksheet
- Ctrl+Alt+F9 – calculate all worksheets in all open workbooks, regardless of whether they have changed since the last calculation
- Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F9 – check dependent formulas, and then calculate all cells in all open workbooks, including cells not marked as needing to be calculated