Need help or advice? Find an answer to your question below, or contact us for support.
I have purchased XLTools. Where do I find the download link and my license key?
Right after the purchase you should have received a confirmation email with your license key. Please check your spam folder, or contact us if you did not receive the email.
1. Install XLTools:
- If you have XLTools add-in installed, e.g. to take a free trial, you do not need to install it again. Simply activate your license (Step 2).
- If you do not have it installed yet, please download and install XLTools. See the detailed Installation Guide.
2. Activate your license:
- Copy the license key delivered to you by email > Open Excel > XLTools tab > Click the 'License' button > Paste your license key > Activate. See the detailed License Activation Guide.
I have misplaced my license key. Can it be restored?
Of course! Please use the License Key Reminder, or send us a message from the email address you used to purchase XLTools license. This way we can track your order and send you your license key.
How many computers can I activate one license on?
One XLTools license is valid for one user and one computer. E.g. if 1 user needs XLTools on 3 computers – 3 licenses are required. Or, if 3 different users operate on 1 computer – also 3 licenses are needed. If you need multiple licenses, we offer volume discounts.
Can I get a demo or take a free trial?
You can take a free trial immediately aster installation. It activates automatically and gives you 14 days of full access to all XLTools features. We recommend that you take the trial before purchasing a license to make sure that XLTools is right for your tasks.
Does XLTools work on a Mac?
XLTools add-in is only compatible with Office for Windows. We do not have plans to develop a version for Mac. However, you can run XLTools if you have a Windows virtual machine on your Mac.
You may be interested in our online Office Apps. Some apps have functionality similar to the features in the desktop version. Office apps work in Excel for iPad and Excel for Mac.
What are the system requirements for XLTools add-in?
Compatible with Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, as well as desktop Office 365.
Supported on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7.
How do I download and install XLTools add-in?
Close all Excel files > Fill out the form > Follow the download link in your email > Save the file > Double-click to run the installer. Installation will take just a few minutes.
How do I uninstall XLTools from my computer?
You can uninstall XLTools like any other program: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features > Select 'XLTools Add-in for Microsoft Excel' > Uninstall.
How can I reinstall XLTools?
1. Uninstall: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features > Select 'XLTools Add-in for Microsoft Excel' > Uninstall.
3. Activate your license: if you have a license, it will activate automatically. If it doesn't, please activate manually:
Find your license key (it was emailed to you after purchase) > Open Excel > XLTools tab > Click the 'License' button > Paste your license key > Activate. See the detailed License Activation Guide.