Need help or advice? Find an answer to your question below, or contact us for support.
I have purchased XLTools. Where do I download and get my license?
Right after the purchase you should have received a confirmation email with your license key. Please check your spam folder, or contact us if you did not receive the email.
1. Install XLTools:
- If you have XLTools add-in installed, e.g. to take a free trial, you do not need to install it again. Simply activate your license – Step 2.
- If you do not have it installed yet, please download and install XLTools. See the detailed Installation Guide.
2. Activate your license:
- Copy the license key delivered to you by email > Open Excel > XLTools tab > Click on the ‘License’ button > Paste your license key > Apply. See the detailed License Activation Guide.
I have misplaced my license key. Can it be restored?
Of course! Please send us an message from the email address you used to purchase XLTools license. This way we can track your order and send you your license key.
Can I get a demo or take a free trial?
You can begin the Free Trial – 14-day full-access – immediately after installation. We strongly suggest you take the Free Trial before purchasing a license.
Download and install XLTools > Open Excel > Click ‘Free Trial’ in the popup window > Enter your contact details > Click ‘Begin the Free Trial’.
Does XLTools work on a Mac?
XLTools add-in is only compatible with Office for Windows. We do not have plans to develop a version for Mac. However, you can run XLTools if you have a Windows virtual machine on your Mac.
You may be interested in our online Office Add-ins. Their functionality is similar to the desktop version. Office add-ins work in Excel for iPad and Excel for Mac.
What are the system requirements for XLTools add-in?
Compatible with Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, as well as desktop version of Office 365.
Supported on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP SP1.
You should have administrator rights to install the add-in.
How do I download and install XLTools add-in?
Close all Excel files > Download XLTools for your Excel version > Save the file > Run the file as administrator.
Does XLTools have an MSI installer?
Yes. ‘XLTools.exe’ is a standard way to install the add-in on a computer. But you have trouble with EXE file, you can run ‘XLTools.msi’ installer instead. Although we recommend MSI for installation on terminal server, it will work for personal computers as well.
How do I uninstall XLTools from my PC?
You can uninstall XLTools like any other program: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features > Select ‘XLTools Add-in for Microsoft Excel’ > Uninstall.
How can I reinstall XLTools?
1. Uninstall: Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features > Select ‘XLTools Add-in for Microsoft Excel’ > Uninstall.
2. Install again: Download the latest version > Save the EXE file > Run the file as administrator.
3. Activate the license: If you have a license, it will activate automatically. If it doesn’t, please activate manually: Find your license key (it was emailed to you after the purchase) > Open Excel > XLTools tab > Click the ‘License’ button > Paste your license key > Apply.
Any questions or suggestions? Please leave your comment below.