Manage multiple workbooks and worksheets at a time
- Review open workbooks and all sheets, including hidden and very hidden
- Easily add, save, delete or rename worksheets
- Quickly rearrange, sort and filter multiple worksheets at a time
- Easily unhide, hide or make very hidden, protect or unprotect sheets
- Copy multiple sheets to other workbooks or save as separate files
Before you begin, add Workbook Organizer to Excel
– free trial gives you 14 days of full access to all features.
How to use the Workbook Organizer add-in for Excel
- The tree view shows all open workbooks and the list of all worksheets they contain.
- Worksheets are listed in the same order as they are organized in a workbook.
- Name, Protection and Visibility are indicated for each sheet.
- Select a worksheet from the list, and it immediately opens. As you select another sheet, watch the corresponding tab open in the background.
- To select multiple sheets, hold Ctrl and select the sheets you need (or hold Shift to select consecutive sheets).
- To select all sheets in the list, press the Select Sheets button Option 'All'.Or: click Ctrl + A.
- Top of the window contains Workbook Organizer tools: drop-down lists to filter worksheets and buttons for various operations (create, open, select, save, rename, delete, hide, protect, sort, compare, etc.) To see what a certain button does, hover over the icon until a tooltip appears.
How to open, close and create a new workbook with the Workbook Organizer
How to save one or multiple Excel workbooks at once
How to filter many worksheets and quickly find the one you need
How to rename sheets in a workbook
Or: simply double-click and rename the worksheet.
Or: click F2 and rename the worksheet.
How to delete or create new sheets with the Workbook Organizer
How to reorder and sort sheets in a workbook
- Select the sheet(s) you want to move Drag and drop to another position in the same or another open workbook.Or: use the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- Select worksheets you want to sort Click the A - Z button, or Z - A button.Tip: you can apply sorting to all sheets, as well to selected sheets only. Hold Ctrl to select nonadjacent sheets.
How to unhide, hide or make very hidden one or multiple worksheets at a time
How to protect or unprotect one or multiple worksheets at a time
Note: XLTools or Microsoft Excel do not store your passwords. If you forget your password, we cannot restore it for you.
How to copy multiple sheets at once
Tip: you can select any sheets from different open workbooks. All the selected sheets will be copied into a new workbook.
How to save one or multiple worksheets as separate files
- Select sheets Click on the arrow to the right of the Save button.
- Select option Save sheet(s) as separate files.
- Select a folder on your computer, or click Create new folder.
- Done! Each sheet you selected is saved as a separate file.
How to compare two Excel worksheets
- Click the Workbook Organizer button Select any two sheets to compare.
- Click the Compare sheets button.
- A new workbook is generated with these worksheets The differences are highlighted in red.
Note: only unprotected sheets can be compared.