Automate your repetitive tasks in Excel without VBA macros
- Write commands in a simple Excel table instead of bulky VBA modules
- Automate even complex and multistep operations
- Automate XLTools operations: SQL Queries, Export to CSV, Unpivot Table, etc.
- Create your own custom buttons on the toolbar
- For advanced users and developers
Before you begin, add the Automation tool to Excel
– free trial gives you 14 days of full access to all features.
How to automate operations in Excel without VBA [Download Tutorial]
- Automate SQL Queries against Excel tables: SELECT, GROUP BY, JOIN ON, etc.
- Automatically unpivot a crosstab table to a flat list
- Automatically export an Excel table to a CSV file
- Automatically extract data from other Excel or CSV files
- Automate table filtering, etc.
|SQLQuery:||Write the query as you normally would.|
|ApplyTableName:||Type the name for the resulting table.|
|OutputTo:||Specify where to place the result.|
Tip: instead of manually typing the query, use the intuitive SQL Queries editor and then copy-paste the script to automation table.
Note: in order for Automation or SQL add-ins to identify references, do not use spaces in the names of worksheets, workbooks, or tables.
Example: how to automate an SQL query against Excel tables
- Select the range "Historical Product Price List and Sales".
- On the Home tab click Format as Table Apply a table style.
- On the Design tab, type the table name "Sales2014".
- Click Add Custom buttons on XLTools tab.
- Name the button, e.g. "Generate Q Reports" Validate the range of the commands table.
- Click Save The custom button will appear on XLTools tab.
Now, you can easily create a quarterly report in just one button click – literally!